Thursday, September 16, 2010

Loosing things and Moving on

How swiftly life can change! You are rolling along, the sun is out and life is sweet. Then a phone rings and Bam, change happens. A child is hurt and angry. It doesn't matter that he is a grown man. He needs his mom to make it right again and tell him that he will recover. He is alright, but I am not. The anger and pain for him hurts me too. I want to strike out at the person who caused him to lose faith in people. I need to tell him that he can trust again, but I cannot find the words because my trust is shattered along with his. Instead he is the one who moves on and trusts again. Me, I am still struggling;my wheels spinning in place.

Another phone call, another change, Bam! The sun has gone again. Summer will never be the same. Paradise is lost and so is our anchor. That place we hold dear to us is reduced to just another piece of real estate to haggled over like an item at a flea market. More lost trust and faith slammed and the hurt lingers on.

Dogs wrap around our hearts. We love them and care for them. Then one day they leave and there is a vast empty place in our hearts. Our minds know that they have left us, but our hearts cry out for them.

My heart hurts. I want to trust my friends. I want a place to gather my loved ones around me and watch the little ones build sandcastles in the same sand that their fathers and mothers did many years ago. I want to see Ginger run again and then curl-up next to me and sleep the sweet sleep of a happy dog. Sometimes change is good and then sometimes it really makes my heart hurt.

No comments: