Monday, October 25, 2010

Thankful

Today on Oprah a family shared their grief at loosing their three children in a car wreck. It made me pause to reflect on our many blessings.

I want to live in the moment. I want to hug and kiss the ones I love and tell them how much they mean to me. I want to clip Sharon Randall's columns out of the newspaper, copy and send them to my kids when my own words fail me. Sharon can always be counted on to fill in the blanks.

I want to see thing more clearly. I want to understand and listen more closely. I wan to be still and silent every now and then. I want to not carry anger around with me. I want to release the fear of the unknown from my heart. I want to be more daring.

Just writing this blog makes me feel free. I want to remember to be thankful for the freedom to do so.
I want to pray more. I will do these things.

No comments: