Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Middle

What a crazy twist of time! When all the kids were home, jamming the house with noise and laughter, we had so little time together as a couple. Now the house is quiet, so serene and so very neat. Things don't just disappear. The noise is reduced to our contented snores and we have all the together time we could possibly want.

Is this it then? Are we in the middle or at the end? Do we move forward or sit stagnantly and feel the vibrations of our own snoring?

We must shake things up, I think. Surely life, even as content as this, can be a bit more exciting! A little zing here or there maybe? Maybe today I will make something disappear! I will claim that I have no idea what happened to "it". Then I will crank up the volume on the radio and dance like a crazy lady! I'll do a jig like my grandmother would call "the St. Vitas" dance.

There, that should do it! Then, I'll snore some more.

No comments: